Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Babies and Cherry Cobbler

A few years ago, a friend at church had her first baby. I had just bought Sandra Lee's new cookbook and there was a berry cobbler that I wanted to try out. I made it and took it to her with a gallon of vanilla ice cream. Well, she just raved about it. I was so happy she liked it and I told her I would bring her a berry cobbler anytime she had a baby. A couple of years later she had baby number two. I showed up with cobbler in tow. A few months ago she was 7 months pregnant with baby number three. We were talking about different things when I almost screamed "cobbler". I had totally forgotten about gifting her with a cobbler after she has her baby. She let me know she had not forgotten and she was plenty happy I had remembered. I decided I would make one for her and I would make one with Splenda, as the hubby is diabetic and anyway we can cut some sugar out, we do.

Here is the recipe:

2 (12 oz.) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed

1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling

1/2 cup sugar or Splenda

1 1/2 t ground cinnamon

1 roll (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough

In a large bowl, mix berries, apple pie filling, sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to 8x8 baking dish. Slice or crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely. Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp and juice bubbles thickly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was the best cobbler ever!! it was sssooo good.