Friday, April 16, 2010

Washcloth Travel Bags

This week at Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Life Friday's, is focusing on teacher gifts. I sew up this cute little washcloth that is turned into a travel bag for travel size products. They would be a great little thank you gift for a teacher, or filled with baby products for a cute baby shower gift. The most difficult part of this project is choosing the perfect washcloth. I chose a striped one for a baby gift that has pastel stripes. The great thing about that one is you can follow the stripes with the sewing machine for straight lines. White washcloths are great because they look so clean. Any color ribbon looks great with a white washcloth. You can choose ribbon, or rope, or cording or binding as your tie. The first seam is done inside out and that is when you sew your ribbon to one side. After that you turn the washcloth to the right side and decide how far you want to make the seams. You can custom your washcloth for the width of the products you choose. Here are several pictures showing the making of the project. Daughter Melissa took the picture of my hands sewing the project on my sewing machine. She thought she would be funny and take a picture of herself in the mirror. The joke is on her because it is such a funny picture, I decided to add that to my post. Now it is on the "web" for all the world to see. I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I enjoyed seeing it when I downloaded my pictures.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that last picture.... i bet that girl is way prettier in person lol