Friday, April 2, 2010

When Life Interupts Plans

Well, it never fails, you make plans and something comes up to interrupt your best laid plans. Whenever I plan to do something, I usually add, God willing, because you never know what is going to happen to take priority over what you think you are going to be doing. As we were making Easter plans, I received a phone call that my son was admitted to the hospital with what they thought was a staph infection. Well, after visiting with my very sick son, I headed over to his house to help my daughter-in-law clean the house. MRSA staph infections are contagious and I made a quick trip to the store to buy cleaning supplies. I bought everything that had bleach in it. Tide with bleach, kitchen spray with bleach. You get the idea, we were going to disinfect every inch of that house. Thank heaven my daughter Melissa met me there. She was on kid patrol. She took care of the baby and intertained the 3 and 7 year old. It helped that I also picked up the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks video. My daughter in the law tackled the washing and the baths. I tackled the kitchen. Some 5 hours later we were happy with the outcome. A clean from germs house. I got home late and tired, but I was happy I could change any plans I had and help out any way I could.

No comments: